Saturday 1 August 2020

Many thanks for the comments

1. I do not plan to close the blog in the near future. Recently, I have sent around 50 humble help requests to 45cat and Discogs members and in 90% they remain unanswered and this is really frustrating. I spend >100€/month on vinyls but many vinyls are not available on the Internet markets.
2. Almost 2,500 separate active archives across 13 categories most with sub categories as well – thanks Manny for counting. Navigation, finding the proper file can be a problem. I have created “Content” post with enlisted categories and links. What more can I do? Please advise if you have any idea.
3. Nearly all missing tracks are tracks of British Lost Artists, difficult to find. They are aggregated in a separate sheet and this sheet can be opened by clicking a link in “Content” post.
4. Passes have been added few years ago. Creation of the Let The Good Times Roll Club, the Society that shares the same passion, that is willing to exchange comments, was my goal. The number of “Internet Friends” that are willing to exchange comments with me is less than ten and I’m very grateful to them for that. The access to sheet with passes is easy and it should be no problem to find a proper pass, copy and paste while unzipping. This sheet allows to follow all updates (pass of the updated file is the update date), consists documentation of all posted files, without this sheet I would be completely lost.
5. Jaimoto writes:
“In order to have passes to download you have to collaborate on the blog…….. collaborating, you cannot demand without giving something in return.” Commenting is enough.
6. Jose writes:
“The comments on blogs is a losing battle, many visits and few comments, it is perhaps a matter of cyber-education.” I'm aware of that.
7. Frans writes:
“I don't like to comment for comments sake”. Absolutely agree, me the same.
8. Anonymous writes:
“You're password system is a little complicated sometimes, but not unfathomable. I think that the songs that you are still missing are just too difficult to find.” I’m aware of that and I’m sorry if you find pass-system complicated.
9. Manny writes:
“This is not a blog for the casual downloader who is happy with a selection of greatest hits collections but for those of us who are obsessed with the 20th century pop scene. As such the audience that fully understands and appreciates what is involved is probably limited to a relatively small percentage of those who visit your site.” I couldn't describe it more precisely.

5 comments:

Apesville said...

Myself I don't like spreadsheets. I prefer a straight list of what is missing and a straight "Track List" of what has been shared. to complicated for me as it is. I don't like password because you have to flap about trying to find them. I would Prefer a "thank you" tick box to reveal the download.
But everybody's not the same so thank you for all the great music Dean

barnabos_kos said...

Just made a donation, as I don't have any of the songs you are still looking for. If you ever decide to continue the Easy Listening charts into the 70s, I may be able to help with some of those.

Professor RnR said...

Thanks Dean for the comment.
1. tabelarized list of missing tracks seems to me more user friendly, also much more convenient for me
2. You can find a track list (spreadsheet) of all US charted and posted hits 1940-1969, some 230x15=35000 titles. Also sheets for other charts, with addresses to proper files.
3. I'm not interested in "thank ypu box", I don't like to comment for comments sake. I'm expecting substantive comments, such as your comment.
4. Passes carry very valuable information, valuable for me and for downloaders: which files and when have been updated. I'm downloading your supplements with missing and found but to be honest, I'm completely lost in your supplements - update of already posted file seems to me much better solution. Upload of newly updated file and erase of an old version takes less than 30 seconds.

T.G. said...


Please don't think of me as a silly one, but I can't find it and can't see it; I#ve searched all whole through, without any result for me, sorry! Can you please describe it a little bit more exactlier or give a link to the sheet? Thanks a lot for your help!

Professor RnR said...

@T.G.
Such messages should be sent via Contact Form. In comments only comments/remarks please.