Thursday 20 August 2020

Observation experienced after five years of sharing music on the blog

Let me share one observation, observation experienced after five years of sharing music on the blog.
All collectors can be divided into three categories:
1. Collectors of CDs and 45s that are ready to share rare (impossible to buy) CDs* and mp3 rips of 45s.
2. Collectors of CDs and 45s that are not willing to share.
3. Collectors that limit their collection to downloaded mp3 tracks, from Internet (YouTube, blogs, archive.org, etc.)

* sharing CDs (music + artwork) that are still possible to buy is infringement of copyright and should be banned. 

I belong to the 1st category and I’m ready to share with collectors that belong to this category, first of all.
 
Many collectors belong to the 2nd category, they are not interested in sharing mp3 rips and I’m experiencing this when I’m asking help from 45cat Members – 99% of my humble requests remains unanswered.
 
It is worth to mention, that collectors of the 1st and the 2nd categories invested a lot, money and time.
 
Majority belong to the 3rd category. From my experience, percentage of such collectors is much greater than 90%. I’m aware that many collectors of this category are not skilled to arrange mp3 rip, even do not have a turntable*. Then, I’m ready to share with collectors of the 3rd category as well, collectors who are willing to exchange comments, who are active in debugging the posted files – that can be done by everyone.
 
* You can buy a missing record on Discogs or e-bay and give my mailing address:
Jerzy Rutkowski
Leśnica 41
43-438 Brenna, Poland
I will do the digitalization.

The project has been launched in 2018, thousands of downloaders, less than 100 supporters that helped me to find missing tracks (mp3 rips of original 45s) and/or participated in the debugging process and it is really frustrating.
 

6 comments:

Jonathan F. King said...

It would be helpful to me as a faithful member of the third category to understand what "debugging" means. I'm not going to be a source of rare discs, but I do audition tracks, check tags, etc. It's not obvious what that form of response to your efforts would involve, at least not to me.

Professor RnR said...

Debugging means finding bugs and then, I will try to get rid of them. I'm very precise in tagging and there are no bugs in tags. Finding wrong versions, re-recordings, missing single edits (most difficult). That can be done by everyone. 40 000 tracks posted already and bugs in 1%, it gives 400 tracks and I'm pretty sure that such number of bugs still exist - impossible to find them all without help of Followers.

Dusty said...

Found some from your list you have to check youself and see if you can use some of them

https://mega.nz/file/kJB3HB6Q#ssr5ID9zW9hhdpYODKEj3GGgne7XZuv1uomC5h7g32E


miss Donna Douglas - Java Jones - 1964 Pye 7N 15654
miss Doug Sheldon - Live Now, Pay Later
miss Doug Sheldon - My Billy
miss gene latter - 04a - always (1967)
miss Jackie Lee - You Too (Can Have Heartaches)
miss Michael Cox - Love My Life Away (2)
miss Michael Cox - Teenage Love (2)
miss Michael Cox - Teenage Love
miss Robb Storme - Surprise, Surprise - 1963 Pye 7N 15515
miss The First Impressions - I'm Coming Home - 1965 Pye 7N 15797
miss The New Faces - Shake Up The Party (Myra) - 1966 Pye 7N 17029
miss u67_470b - Ebony Keyes - If Our Love Should End

Dusty

Professor RnR said...

Many thanks Dusty but the link is wrong, it is a link to Rare Earth CDs

Dusty said...

UPs !!

sometimes the hand is faster that the brain ! ( must be the ages )

here is the right link https://mega.nz/file/4V5iTCwT#VhUyTaFFOU4UK7rd1_0C4xXcRW-UFyHpmvNOrxf2YCw

Professor RnR said...

Many thanks Dusty,
three more tracks deleted from the wish-list: Ebony Keyes; Robb Storme; Donna Douglas.
M. Cox - Teenge Love is '61 HMV, I'm looking for '59 Decca; Love My Life has jumps
D. Sheldon - only one track from Freench EP is missing
other songs, I have them and forgotten to delete - thanks for finding this omission.
Keep searchin' please